Snowbird is a Hallberg Rassy Rasmus, Ketch No. 347, which was built in 1974 on Ellos shipyard on the West Coast. Ketch means that the boat has two masts, a main mast and a mizzen mast. For more information about Hallberg Rassy Rasmus construction and boat data we refer to the original brochure for the boat. Click on the link below.
Hallberg Rassy Rasmus
The boat is equipped with a since 2001 new Yanmar diesel engine. Model 4JH3E, 55 Hp. The engine is fresh water cooled and all hoses and vias have been changed.
The interior is lavish and of good quality. The boat offers an old-fashioned classic ship feel with lots of mahogany and fine bronze details. Because the boat is from the early 70's and were purchased in less maintenance condition we have put a lot of work on updating the finish. For more info please see previous blog post. Click the link. Interiör
The battery bank is 450 Ah and consists of four 6V Trojan batteries in series two and two and a starter battery. To charge the battery bank, we have installed two 85W solar panels that we can accelerate up and aim for the sun. These are connected to a three stage regulator Blue Sky, (Solar Boost, 2512iX, 12VDC 25Amp, MPPT solar charge controls) that optimize and regulates the charging current to the batteries. We also have a Vingenerator AirX with built-in controller that was installed by the previous owner. In addition to this, charge the batteries of 80 amp alternator during engine run. Connection for shore power is energized throughout the boa
- Lamps: Changed the previous lamps of different types of LEDs to reduce power consumption.
- Battery charger, shore power: Xantrex True Charge 2, 20A.
- Refrigerator: Built by Waeco Adler Barbour compressors.
- Kölsvinspump: Rule Mate 1500 GPH.
Navigation and communications
- Itronix GoBook (internal GPS)
- Garmin chartplotter 440s
- Sonar: Garmin
- Sonar Data Marine
- Raymarine SmartPilot X-5
- Aries wind vane with fold-up rudder.
- Stationary VHF ICOM.
- Handheld VHF Standard Horizon.
- Handheld GPS, Garmin GPSmap76Cx.
- Paper charts and electronic for the whole world
- Gas: Fireboy XINTEX, S-AA with two sensors.
- PLB, the ACR ResQfix 406 MHz
- Nödväska with flares, flares, water, etc.
- Liferaft: SEASAFE 6 pers
- Life jackets with safety harness and lamp
- Fire extinguisher 3 pcs
- Care kit
- Life Ling
- Safety Ropes
- Rubber boat, 9 Feet, West Marine, Mercury engine 5 Hp
- Magma grill TravelMate
- Gas bottles (composite) 2x20lbs
- Gas stove: Force 10
- Anchors: Delta 35 lbs, chain 3B 3/8 150 ft
- Anchor 2: CQR 25lbs
- Anchor 3: Danforth 25 lbs, chain and rope 200ft
- Anchor winch: manuel and electric Lewmar
- Manuel toilet with holding tank (Grocco)
- Water heater connected to the engine cooling system and can be activated through shore.